مطلوب رئيس ديوان لدى شركة نيويورك تايمز في العراق
Baghdad Bureau Chief
The successful candidate will be someone with the energy and keen analytical mind needed to do justice to a complex story and, just as important, the heart to convey the seemingly unending struggles of the Iraqi people.
Iraq is a fount of ancient civilization that has been redefined by the legacy of the American invasion. A modern-day hotbed of geopolitical intrigue, it has been buffeted by war and sectarian division, and is desperate to find a path forward.
It is a daunting assignment, but not one the Bureau Chief will undertake in isolation. You would be working with a top-notch team of correspondents around the region who know that it’s impossible to understand Syria, Turkey and Iran, among other places, without taking into account Iraq’s centrality to many cross-border equations.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have These Qualities
- Broad proven international reporting and writing experience, preferably for a global news organization.
- A keen eye for news and other great stories, borne of experience reporting, writing or otherwise creating stories as well as assigning, shaping and editing them.
- A commitment to understanding the needs and behaviors of our audience, including who and what we’re competing with for their time and attention, and familiarity with the toolkit for reaching audiences with our journalism.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Commitment to The New York Times’s strategy, standards and mission.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
The role requires energy, passion and talent for what is a critical assignment for The Times.
We envision that this role will be based in Dubai and that covering the gulf would also be within the scope.
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.إقرأ أيضا:مطلوب موظفة ضبط جودة لدى موسسة تالين لماكينات القهوة والمواد الغذائية
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. The New York Times Company will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local “Fair Chance” laws.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Online Media
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Public Relations