مطلوب مدير لدى شركة نورسك فولكهجيلب في لبنان
Norwegian People’s Aid is seeking a Country Director to lead our comprehensive development and humanitarian programme in Lebanon
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) vision is Solidarity in Action. We are a politically independent membership-based organisation working in Norway and in more than 30 countries around the world. Founded in 1939 as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation, NPA aims to improve people’s living conditions and to create societies that are more just and more democratic. NPA’s international work covers three core areas: Mine Action and Disarmament; Democratisation and Just distribution of power and resources; and Humanitarian Action and Crises response. In Lebanon, NPA has activities in all areas.
Are you an experienced manager that would like to lead our professional and committed team, working in a highly complex but rewarding environment?إقرأ أيضا:مطلوب ضابط عمليات
NPA has been working in Lebanon since 1982. Currently, the country programme runs 17 projects with 150 national and international staff and a total annual budget of 100 million Norwegian kroner. NPA Lebanon has a wide range of partners within Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Sexual and Gender based Violence (SGBV) and civil society development. The programme is also an implementer of mine action activities, including survey and clearance of Explosive Ordnance (EO). Our key donors include Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Commission, UK Aid, Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA), US Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement (WRA) and NORAD.
As our Country Director in Lebanon, your main responsibilities will include:
- To promote a leadership culture and team work based on equality and mutual respect, reflecting NPA’s global vision of Solidarity in Action;
- Provide strategic leadership of a dedicated country management team and identify, promote and secure good cooperation between departments, programmes and activities;
- At all times proactively maintain a comprehensive understanding of the country context, in particular the political and security situation, and be a comfortable and professional spokesperson in international and Norwegian media when relevant;
- The overall financial responsibility of all NPA Lebanon activities and promote financial sustainability through donor compliance and effective pursuit of donor opportunities;
- Ensure that the country programme operates according to guidelines and procedures as set forth in the NPA Quality Management system, and hold overall responsibility for all personnel, logistics and administrative issues;
- The overall responsibility for the safety and security of all staff and NPA assets in country.
To be succesfull in this role you must have:إقرأ أيضا:وظائف شاغرة لدى شركة تنمية الإنسان (عبور )
- Relevant higher education and previous experience of working internationally at senior management level;
- Experience in strategically managing and directing large scale projects including implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, risk assessment and mitigation and contract compliance;
- Extensive people management experience with proven ability to lead and manage a multidisciplinary and multicultural team, often remotely;
- Extensive experience in managing finance, administrative and human resource systems to ensure programme efficiency and effectiveness;
- Experience in having developed relationships and negotiated with donors, government bodies, other NGO’s as well as local partners;
- Very good written and verbal English language proficiency.
The personal characteristics necessary for this job include:
- Proven ability to motivate and develop a team;
- Excellent communication-, networking and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to be innovative, creative and proactive with an analytical and solution-oriented approach;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure;
- Strong understanding of the principles and standards outlined in NPA’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy.
We consider it an advantage if you also have:إقرأ أيضا:مطلوب محاسب قبض لدى شركة TUI
Written and verbal proficiency in Arabic and experience from Middle East or Lebanon; Experience and knowledge from work in post-conflict contexts; Knowledge and understanding of relevant institutional donors.
In return we offer:
An interesting, challenging work environment and a competitive salary package which includes country specific allowances. You will be covered by our comprehensive insurance scheme. We offer five weeks annual holiday* plus one additional week off for expats. NPA provides three international flights home per contract year**. We offer a one year contract with the possibility of renewal.
In general we emphasize the importance of strong health. One of NPA’s overall objectives is to promote gender equality in our organization, and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information about NPA, please see our website at https://www.npaid.org or visit us on Facebook or Twitter.
* Terms for annual leave follow the Norwegian Annual Holidays Act
** Terms apply according to NPA’s internal regulations
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Project Management
- Human Resources
لمشاهدة جميع الوظائف الشاغرة اضغط هنا