مطلوب مدير مالي لدى شركة Girl Effect في كينيا
Who We Are
Girl Effect is a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives.
Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development; a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways that they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech that we use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas they explore virtual issues, to magazines written by girls.
Context of Role
Girl Effect’s Global Finance function is rapidly evolving to meet the changing needs of the organisation and of girls around the world. Over the coming months Girl Effect are refreshing the way they work, ensuring robust controls around all key Finance processes. The role holder will act as a critical bridge – supporting impactful collaboration between Finance colleagues alongside Programme and the Global Finance teams based in London. The role will focus on building skills and confidence in relation to Finance processing activities, and will also be exposed to the organisation’s full range of Financial Management activities.إقرأ أيضا:مطلوب مهندسين والمشرفين والملاحظين لدى شركة Veedee Solutions LLP
What You’ll Do
- Support strong financial controls across Girl Effect’s countries of operation
- Work with the Finance Director and Finance Manager in the UK to review and refresh core financial controls, including segregation of duties and management control review
- Support the design and implementation of internal audits/internal control reviews across the globe
- Own the organisation’s Global Finance Manual and ensure it is up-to-date and sufficiently robust to meet the organisation’s needs Coaching and capacity building of colleagues across the globe
- Lead the delivery of standardised Finance training across the globe in relation to Financial Management fraud awareness
- Deliver high-quality Finance induction sessions for new joiners to Girl Effect
- Provide ad-hoc coaching to country colleagues in relation to Financial controls, processes and troubleshooting Leading projects to strengthen Girl Effect’s Finance function
- Proactively manage and implement priority projects for the Global Finance function, and input into the overall package of development initiatives led by the Finance team
- Work to improve systems, review and redesign core reporting templates, including but not limited to management accounts
- Draft standardized Finance policies and processes in line with global best practice
Who You Are
- Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 8 years of experience
- Experience working for an organisation with several dispersed teams – either across the globe or within a region or country
- Exceptional coaching, facilitation and communication skills, ideally with experience of training Finance and non-finance professionals from different backgrounds
- Strong project management skills with the ability to keep track of multiple work streams in a busy operating environment
- Proven track record of introducing, reviewing and/or developing systems of internal financial control
- Proven experience working in an environment of rapid growth with the ability to bring energy and a dynamic approach to work that creates a positive can-do culture
- Excellent knowledge of Internal Controls, Management Reporting, Financial Reporting and Finance Systems
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.إقرأ أيضا:مطلوب موظف مبيعات لدى شركة ألمنيوم ومطابخ
Shortlisted candidates will be assessed on our organisational values at the interview stage. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to adhere to our safeguarding policy. We encourage candidates to read and understand our safeguarding policy, the executive summary of which can be found here. We have zero tolerance to all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries and staff.
At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
Closing date for applications: 4th September 2020
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Non-profit Organization Management