مطلوب مستشار فني لدى لجنة الإنقاذ الدولية في الاردن
Health Promotion – Technical Advisor
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
Location: New York, NY HQ USA
The Technical Advisor (TA) for Health Promotion will develop and manage a newly funded initiative to reduce COVID-19-related health disparities in refugee, immigrant and migrant (RIM) communities in the United States. The TA will lead IRC’s efforts, in collaboration with a consortium of partners, to develop, disseminate, pilot and evaluate culturally and linguistically appropriate COVID-19 best practice guidelines and materials. The individual will partner with and build the capacity of state and local health departments to conduct high-quality, successful mitigation, prevention and control measures including contact tracing. The incumbent is expected to integrate current COVID-19 health information and public health best practices with strategies to overcome barriers that prevent many RIM community members from receiving, benefitting from, and responding to critical information.إقرأ أيضا:مطلوب مهندس أول لدى شركة إنفيستاكوم
Materials and Guidance Development
- Develop in collaboration with partners and beneficiaries culturally and linguistically appropriate best-practice guidelines for COVID-19 prevention, and mitigation programs, including contact tracing.
- Manage the process of health communication materials being tested by staff and partners, and collate information to help develop content in various formats accessible to RIM communities.
- Provide technical assistance to state and local health departments on best practices regarding COVID-19 mitigation and prevention activities.
- Develop and disseminate guidelines and resources for community outreach and education on contact tracing and prevention programs nationally.
- Develop and deliver culturally and linguistically appropriate training and related materials for public health and other workers who conduct COVID-19 contact tracing, mitigation and prevention activities.
- Contribute to building a diverse Public Health workforce by collaboratively developing and providing technical assistance on how to best identify, recruit, and train culturally and linguistically diverse individuals to aid in efforts to reach and respond to RIM communities.
Support Partnerships to Engage RIM Communities
- Develop, support, and maintain relationships with various local and state health agencies working to reach at-risk RIM communities.
- Strengthen and expand partnerships with RIM communities to solicit and integrate feedback to continually inform the development of needed resources.
- Identify and launch pilot projects for COVID-19 contact tracing, mitigation and other prevention programs.
- Develop strategies for how to iterate and disseminate messages for diverse communities based on the epidemiological curve, evolving learnings about the virus and the disease, and changes in physical distancing measures.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Program Quality
- Provide project oversight to assure effective programmatic and fiscal implementation, project quality and adequate technical capacity to guide activity.
- Provide ongoing analysis of program activities, including monitoring and evaluation of pilot projects, to determine and adjust approaches as needed.
- Manage the measurement of project outcomes and outputs and ensure high quality evaluation of efforts and outcomes.
- Develop and submit narrative reports as requested by the funder.
- Identify and support additional funding opportunities for national and regional health promotion projects.
- Participate in all project meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the team.
- Coordinate with other IRC colleagues involved in this project.
- Adhere to relevant professional and ethical standards, including the IRC Way, client confidentiality, and HIPAA.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health (MPH) required. At least five years of related work experience
- Demonstrated experience with outreach and communication strategies to reach hidden and harder-to-reach populations
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical support and work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience working with RIM individuals and within RIM communities
- Technical knowledge of behavior change communication theory, and risk communication and community engagement strategies
- Broad knowledge of resettlement, immigration and migrant networks throughout the U.S.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent project management skills, including the proven ability to prioritize and effectively manage competing demands and complete project tasks on time.
- Strong external relations and partnership development experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and work as a team member with collaborative partners, the community, and clients in a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English; fluency in additional language relevant to current RIM populations preferred
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office, internet applications and case management databases (ETO a plus)
- All individuals are welcome to apply. Applicants who identify as being part of the RIM community are particularly an asset.
Working Environment: 100% remote work
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Financial Services
- Hospital & Health Care
- Business Development