مطلوب موظف مساعد مشتريات لدى FAO في البحرين
National Procurement Associate
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the Procurement Associate reports to International Procurement Officer. Work is performed largely autonomous, expressing initiative and independent judgment. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs and is facilitating service delivery. The incumbent provides guidance and training to procurement support staff and advices clients throughout the Organization.
The Procurement Associate maintains a wide range of contacts with managers, staff, and suppliers inside and outside the Organization, ensuring the quality and consistency of procurement support services and the compliance with relevant policies and procedures.إقرأ أيضا:مطلوب موظفة مبيعات
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Identify potential suppliers of goods from local market applying FAO rules and regulations (local market assessment for local procurement)
- In consultation with the International Procurement Officer , perform operational functions relating to the procurement process, including the preparation of documents related to assigned procurement actions, issuance of tenders and purchase orders, evaluation of bids, follow-up with suppliers, attendance at tender opening panel, draft simple amendments and/ or renewals to contracts and service orders under the guidance of the supervisor(s), applying in-depth knowledge of the procurement applications and regulations etc.;
- Support the IPO in reviewing purchase requisitions, orders, contracts and tenders to ensure that they are technically complete and in conformity with established FAO rules and procedures; approve transactions in the relevant systems up to a maximum amount as delegated;
- Ensure that procurement actions are completed in a timely manner in accordance with the relevant rules and procedures; ensure timely information on the status of procurement activities and all related issues;
- Maintain and monitor database records related to procurement actions undertaken, assigned tenders, and contracts; coordinate collection of statistical information on procurement actions and ensure that information maintained in the relevant systems is accurate and updated;
- Prepare, review and analyze periodic monitoring reports making recommendations and taking action as instructed;
- Participate in meetings with suppliers;
- Participate as the IPO’ alternate to the Procurement Working Group and Logistic Working Group (OMT subgroups);
- In coordination with the IPO, liaise with Logistics Unit for timely preparation and obtaining of letters of re-export, follow up on clearance of goods and shipments and ensure safe arrival of the consignments to the final destinations,
- Act as the Contracts Unit focal point for GRMS, UNGM and Intend;
- Assist the Procurement unit in the finalization of the annual procurement plan and the preparation of the monthly procurement updates;
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Workإقرأ أيضا:مطلوب مدير مشروع لدى شركة الاستشارات الرائدة
The incumbent’s work impacts on the quality, timeliness and efficiency of FAO’s procurement operations. He/she plays a lead role in the coordination and provision of the procurement support services for the successful achievement of the Department/Office’s mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Secondary School Education
- Five years of experience in procurement or related work.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English, Arabic and level B of French or Spanish is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office package, focusing on Excel reporting tools, Internet and office technology equipment.
- National of Pakistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Thorough knowledge of the procurement regulations and procedures of any public or international entity or organization. Experience and advanced knowledge in Procurement policies and procedures in a UN agency or secretariat is a substantial advantage.
- Good knowledge of the International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS) and their application
- Thorough knowledge of the ORACLE/ATLAS/SAP ERP Procurement Module and ability to guide, direct and advise colleagues on its use and applications.
Selection Criteriaإقرأ أيضا:وظائف نسائية على برنامج تمهير بجمعية رؤية التنموية بالبكيرية
- Thorough knowledge of UN system procurement regulations, policies and procedures
- Certification on procurement delivered from an internationally recognized institution is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in iMIS reporting and monitoring tools
- Thorough knowledge of FAO’s administrative policies and procedures
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
26/Sep/2020, 12:59:00 AM
Type of Requisition
NPP (National Project Personnel)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Government Administration
- Supply Chain
لمشاهدة جميع الوظائف الشاغرة اضغط هنا